Wednesday, July 20, 2011

One of those days.


Sometimes you just have to get back to the heart of life. To just do things for fun, not because you should, or you have to, or someone tells you to. This was one of those days. I took photos not because I had to, but simply because I wanted to. Shouldn't that be the goal in life anyways? Do what you love, not what you are forced to do. Matt Chandler once said "God doesn't want your begrudging submission, He wants your loving obedience". I think that is so true of our relationship with the Lord, but also in everything in life. What Matt is getting at here is that God doesn't rejoice just because you did what you are supposed to, it is a matter of your heart. Love what He has called you to do because the Creator of the Universe through some miracle actually can speak to you and call you to something. Right now for me that is photography. I'm going to do it not because he called me to and I must obey, but simply because I love Him so I obey. In this place you find rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment